Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is it hard to learn to cut hair in beauty school?

I really want to attend beauty school, but I'm afraid when it comes to cutting hair, especially if it's thick and/or curly, that I'll fail miserably.Is it hard to learn to cut hair in beauty school?
not really you start out on mannequins so if you jack that up it's no big deal. your first haircut will not look pretty no ones ever does. don't worry it is actually very easy and when you are in beauty school you can't worry about messing up someones hair even when you are working on clients they know they are going to a school to get their hair cut plus if you feel really uncomfortable just ask a teacher to stand next to you and help you. that's what you are there for. also what they taught me in school that i think is the best advice i've gotten and it really does work. with this industry 80% of customers will come back to you if you have a great personality even if their hair didn't turn out that great. as long as you make them belive they look fab and make them feel like a queen. and most people will come back to you just cause you have a great personality. of course if you totally jack up their hair that's not the case but still this just is basically being a friend doing another friends hair.Is it hard to learn to cut hair in beauty school?
Let me tell you my first day in beauty school the teacher gave us our doll heads scissors and everything we would need for the rest of the year.....Then she said the magic words....Everyone hold the hair at a 0 elevation'.....0 elevation??? what the %!#^%26amp;*# is this??? MATH? MATH? I hate MATH! I looked at her and she looked at me and I said I am sorry I didn't know this was going to be MATH ....I am going home! She said 'Oh no you aren't, now you get back there and I will show you how to do this';


Thank God she did this has been my life for many years.....You are not even allowed to cut human hair till the teachers think you are ready....believe me you will learn almost everything you need to know by the time you graduate. One thing they did not teach us was how to use a clippers.....You could go to a barber shop and speak to the barber and ask him / her to show you how to use one......later as you feel you kinda know what you are doing....I wish you good luck and happiness!
Don't worry! Even fourth year hairdressers stuff up. Just keep going at it and you'll be fine. Make sure you get your self a good pair of scissors though! Otherwise it will make cutting harder. Also if its curly hair..its not as easy to ntoice if the haircut is bad!
well to start with your teacher will be beside you until u know what your doing.. when i went we had manikins (spelled wrong im sure) we did work on them alot with cuts and perms..but when you are doing hands on the teacher helps and walks u through it donr be affraid its not bad at all..
No actually! It's all about angles, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment