Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Why do women feel that long hair equals beauty?

Some women are so attached to their hair. I've never felt that way about my hair. I cut it into a pixie style and I've never felt more pretty.





So many women need long hair to feel pretty. It's pathetic.Why do women feel that long hair equals beauty?
about two months ago i buzzed my entire head. i cut off about 14 inches of hair. i did it to prove you can be just as liked without something superficial like hair.





i agree with you 100%, hair is not important. you can be just as pretty with short hair as you can with long hair.Why do women feel that long hair equals beauty?
Because most people are so absorbed in what other people think, rather than what is best for them or looks best on them. And since for most people female = long hair, then that's what most girls do. I've had plenty of clients in my chair that look just awful with long hair but won't cut it because their husband, boyfriend, mom, dad, bff4lyfe, told them not cut it because they don't like short hair. Super long hair really doesn't look good on most people, because it's usually not cared for (not trimming enough, heat styling) so it really ends up look ratty. To be honest, most women over the age of 25 shouldn't have hair longer than their breasts because it just looks silly.
I LOVE short hair unfortunately everyone refuses to let me cut it. I've always had my hair short and decided to let it grow out and now everyone tells me it looks so good and I better not cut it I even asked my husband thinking he wouldn't care and his comment was ';I like your long hair'; so I'm on your side but stuck with the dreaded long hair
I believe so much of beauty is wrapped up in the eye of the beholder. Men are simple. Woman equals long hair. Man equals short hair. Man want Woman. Woman chooses to grow long hair to attract Man.


It all comes down to this: We all wander through life trying push through the bullshit. What is bullshit and what is not is up to the wanderer.
Well, I personally wouldn't be pretty without long hair because I have a long, thin chin. But for most people, it's just seen as a feminine feature, like big thighs, long nails, a high pitched voiced, etc. But I think pixie cuts are adorable, I wish I could pull it off.
I don't know. I love my hair short, I think I look really pretty with it. It's right above my collar bone. I don't understand it. Maybe because it's always been custom for women to have long hair, so they feel like a woman? I guess so, that's my only theory.





Answer mine please:


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
it's not pathetic, it's personal opinion. if you like short hair, good for you, but don't expect everyone to agree with you.
i feel the same. when my hair was long(to my waist), i felt hideous. it honestly made me look so much heavier. it was just terribly unflattering.


then i got it cut to be just past my collarbones, and i dont think ill ever go back :)
well as long as it aint too short its all good to me (as a guy).


wen its too short.. may as well wear a shirt that says ';yes, i AM a lesbian';
its ALL barbies fault. sorry. cant do crap about that.
i think what ever suits u is the best ive seen some girl with long hair that looked bad and some with short that looked bad so whatever looks good on u
Sometimes things just are.





People do what they do, and so what?

No comments:

Post a Comment